Today I noticed the upstairs girls' cage was quite dirty (day 4 after change) and there was a LOT of poo. I decided that it was a pain to brush it all up while they were running around scattering it, and I would try to use the vacuum to clean up the fleece.
You are probably thinking, ahh... those poor girls, but it wasn't bad at all and I do believe I will try it again. I'm even considering finding another vacuum to use downstairs instead of the sweeping. I used the hose and the vacuum isn't too loud, but they stayed away from it for the most part. I used the lint brush attachment and sucked away. There wasn't enough pee anywhere to cause issues with the vacuum and it was a lot less stressing on my back.
One guinea pig, who is especially sensitive was scared, but she is always hiding so I took her out while I was doing it. Their fleece is now mostly clean, and tonight we are considering putting in bunk beds for the girls to use instead of all of their pigloos.
As for pigloos we are getting 5 today from a donation, 3 large ones that I am particularly excited about, and 2 smaller ones that are more than welcome in our larger cages. I might even be able to add another floor to one of the cages so that the pigs can have a pigloo up there as well. So much fun to have guinea pigs and to check out the cages photo gallery on the forum