Monday, January 24, 2011

Gwyn- Pregnant Female Guinea Pig Not For Adoption Just Yet

Yesterday after posting that Gwyn was available for adoption because she was not pregnant I was in the piggie room and realized she looked a little too plump. I picked her up and we hung out a bit, and I felt nothing. I called Jason in to check it out and immediately he felt some baby movement. After that there was lots of movement in there.

So she is definitely pregnant (not our doing, must have come that way). I have no idea when she is due, I thought we got her in November, but now that I look back it must have been December. I don't know when she had the other litter and if this is a back to back pregnancy. We will take care of her and watch her and hopefully she will have a successful delivery. This is the 3rd pregnant pig I got from the same person who gets them from other owners who do not seem to make an effort to keep males and females apart. Poor piggies!

2 comments:

  1. I hope she's okay when she has the babies. Poor thing, that's hard on her if it's a back to back pregnancy. I know you'll take excellent care of her.

    ReplyDelete

Special Notice:

Guinea Pigs are very social animals. If you are considering adopting one, please consider having more than one for improved health and personality.