Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ellie Went Home- Guinea Pig Adopted

Yesterday we drove up to Fort Drum to place a guinea pig and to pick some up. Ellie was chosen for the trip and went to a sweet couple from Potsdam. They were very nice and knowledgable about guinea pigs. I love meeting people like this. It's great when the guys are so supportive of the guinea pig pets.

In the same area we picked up a family of guinea pigs that belonged to a service member, they are moving out of state, and had been sold two guinea pigs from Petco. Well, you know how it goes, they are promised that they are the same sex, then BOOM! Mom has babies.

When we got there, they had 3 of the 5 babies (who are 7 weeks I believe) and so we brought 5 pigs home. I hope to get pics up soon, but did not take any as I thought I could access his on Craigslist. I will try again later. They are all americans and the daddy is agouti colored brown and crested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Notice:

Guinea Pigs are very social animals. If you are considering adopting one, please consider having more than one for improved health and personality.